Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Week 62

Hello All - Long time no Blog

Hope everyone had a great holiday and will have a Happy New Year!!! Been so busy with work and the kids and the holidays over the past two months. Medically there wasn't too much going on until the last few weeks. The shot they gave me a couple months ago is finally working to put me into menapause and the hot flashes have started. They're not too bad yet so I hope it doesn't get much worse. I've also been having terrible headaches which I thought at first was just the change in weather but it's everyday now for about a month and I'm really pretty fed up. If not the weather then I'm thinking hormone levels but my doctor wanted to be sure and ordered another brain MRI which showed everything good in the brain but the small spot of cancer the the base of my skull is increasing slightly. Still waiting to talk to the doctor and find out what he wants to do next.

I'm supposed to start a new hormone pill to stop and kill the cancer and I just met with another doctor and scheduled to have my ovaries removed January 12th which should also help stop the cancer from growing. Until my Oncologist tells me otherwise I'm still planning and try the pill and surgery for another month or two and not go back on chemo right away but obviously I have to do what he recommends. I just went back to work 4 days a week and the additional money coming in would really be nice. :(

On the positive side, we just got back from Disney World in Florida - our first real family vacation. Due to the cancer we qualified for a trip thru the Memories of Love Foundation where they generously provided tickets to Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World and a 5 night stay at a hotel in Orlando. There is no way we could have taken this trip without this assistance, we are so thankful!!! It was a little chilly but Wonderful!

Love to All!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment