Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 66

Hi All,

Sorry it's been so long again but it's been a rough several weeks again. Ovaries are out and doing good now but it took a lot longer than I was hoping to feel better. If I'm not at work 9 to 10 hour days I'm at the hospital all day for tests, scans, prep now for radiation.

I was supposed to start radiation on Monday but the doctor called on Friday to tell me they're having "technical difficulties" and will start sometime this week or next Monday, Feb. 7th at the latest. :( Not giving me the warm and fuzzies. He tells me not to worry he just wants to make sure everything is 100% before shooting radiation at my head and while I appreciate that I don't like the potential for technical difficulties after we start.

The headaches are still constant so I am having to take medication 3 to 4 times a day. No fun. The hot flashes aren't bad so as long as they don't get worse that part is going good. :) I've started on the femar (new hormone/chemo pill) and other than some joint pain that's pretty good too. I have another appointment with my oncologist Feb.15th and another round of CT scans to check the liver. If the skull and liver aren't improving or at least stable by then I will go back on chemo no other options at that point.

Ohhhh - some good news - rest of the bone scan came back clear - the only cancer going on is in the skull and the growth in the liver is minimal but still growth is not great.

Kids are doing good - enjoying the blizzard and day off from school today.

Hope everyone is doing great!!! Love to all!!!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment